Tuesday, May 02, 2006

pleasure : a replenishment simply

I am listening to an old Greek song pou na brw ena filaraki .. where can I find a pal to put my shoulder on.. It is amazing how translation can lose the feeling of the memories and non-memories I have of this song. Every time I hear it it acquires a new meaning. I cannot find any solution and tell me what to do and time laughs at me like a baby. Where can I lean my body when I come back from bars and staying out late times. I am here. I am smiling, the translation of the song has stopped now. Only one last line to translate : since you, too, have disappeared...
Such a pleasure it is to listen to the melody of a song that connects to a not so happy childhood because I am here and because I was there. So what I am replenishing ? This pleasure is enriching the picture which has more than three dimensions on it. It has days, seconds, laughters and tears and zebra-crossings and glances and thoughtless existence. What is a thoughtless existence? There is no thoughtless, it is just that we tend to forget that we are alive through the small things that make up our life. And this song reminded me I am alive. You can laugh if you want after reading this. I will be happy to have offered you non-sense ( according to you) but hey you still laugh... are you still laughing... are you thinking ... Is this a thoughtless moment of your existence? Are you forgetting something or reminding yourself of something else?

The replenishment tonight comes when I know very well that all involves change: metaboli as we say in Greek which is an "after-hit" freely translated but this time the meaning is successful. The next hit is harder but the receiver is already hardened.

Whether you care if we are dead or alive, we are here and we forget and remember in seconds, in dreams, in coffees, in dinners, in hours, in days and years.... in a bottle of wine or a shot of zibania... in a song

This song of Life I dedicate to a dear friend... tonight and for the rest of her life...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

kai egw episis:D...:P