Thursday, December 14, 2006

the moment I lost when the clock skipped

Where did that moment go ?

The hands slide on the bars of the underground and I return with palms imprinted with a stranger's touch. Rinsed the blank ink appears and what was written goes down the drain.

The rising sign wakes up late in the evening against its usual clock-ward round and the scene appears. The "eyes" become codes of lines read but the interpretation becomes a literary controversy. One can, one could, one would, one should change the topic of conversation. The game of neurons begins: the caffeine beats them hyperactive today. Their networking is overflooding the grey matter: indifference.

Goodmorning. Stop thinking. That is your job: do the small talk. Only that shall take lead you to the BIG FISH.

"Θα περάσει αυτή η νύχτα θα περάσει που διαόλια με έχουν πιάσει"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well, there is a slight overlooking from you here... I am half Cypriot.. which, however, is still wholly Greek... just a blend of north with south...

Unknown said...

yes I do not live in Cyprus but I go there very often. Also, being half Cypriot does not mean I am half Greek because Cypriot comes under Greek. So I am half an islander, you can say, and half a mainlander you can say: from mainland and island Greece. But I gues you do not see Cypriots as Greeks? If you think of it roughly its like England and Scotlands but we are both Brits:P